The Villa company, based in Milan, was established over 50 years ago and has since become a major supplier of dental and radiology equipment to both industry and end users alike around the world.
The Rotograph OPG is one of its many achievements with more than 50,000 manufactured and shipped worldwide including thousands delivered to Australian users in years gone by.
Today the Villa company manufactures a wide range of specialist radiology equipment under its own name as well as under otherwell known brands.Villa's dental division is a major manufacturer of OPG units with the sophisticated Strato 2000 OPG, and now the new ground breaking Rotograph EVO digital OPG unit with expansion modules for Ceph, implant tomography and now 3D Cone beam CT among them.
With it's sleek design, easy operation and high quality images, the EVO is finding favour with users around the country. The new EVO incorporates many technologies and features previously only found in much more expensive machines but at a fraction of the price. These include:
- Powerful 86kV and 12mA x-ray tube;
- Spinal compensation - The Villa EVO automatically increases the kV, or penetrating power of the x-ray when it gets to the spine to give shadow-free images of the anterior teeth. This sophisticated technology is not common at any pricepoint and is very rare at this entry level.
- Automatic anatomical adjustment of image layer in 2 axes to give the capability of accommodating 3 patient jaw sizes and 3 patient jaw shapes. The results are clearer images for a broader range of patients.
- Expandability - With its sophisticated 2-Plane axis, the Villa EVO is capable of being upgraded to perform a wider range of views such as cephalometric views, cross-sectional analogue tomographs or even the upgrade to true 3D.
- Simple, automated positioning and controls - The patient is firmly held by short holders and a chinrest/bite piece.
The new Cone Beam 3D CT upgrade is something thatVilla are particularly proud of. Developed in-house it will give the dentist the choice of taking a standard low dose digital panoramic radiograph or a detailed CT of any region of the maxilla facial area and reconstruct it in stunning 3D detail. Typically for Villa, the bang for your buck will be good too.