Dr Sven Simonson and Dr Jan Eriksson have been the leading practice management experts in Scandinavia for 15 years.
They set the curriculum for and run workshops for Addera (the practice management arm of Praktikertjanst - a dental co-op that represents half of the dentists in Sweden) and they regularly speak on dental practice management issues across Scandinavia and Europe.
In March 2007, these two practice management gurus will be visiting Sydney and Prime Practice will be hosting their only speaking engagement - SoloGroup - for free!
The traditional structures for a dental practice are either:
- Solo practice where a dentist practices and faces all the practice expenses alone; or
- Group practice where a dentist shares a facility and practices side by side with another dentist.
SoloGroup represents a third structure that is a hybrid of these two traditional models. It is a facility sharing structure that, if done right, should give you all the advantages of the solo and group practice models with few, if any, of the associated disadvantages:
- Patients benefit from extended hours access to a dentist;
- Dentists benefit from individually reduced hours in the practice and enhanced profitability;
- It allows for all the facility operational and equipment expense sharing benefits that you get with a group practice.
- It also allows for more expense sharing than the group practice model as it instantly reduces space, chair and equipment requirements.
- Individual dentists benefit by being able to keep much more control over their specific practices than they can in group practice.
"When I was learning about Practice management Sven and Jan were among the world experts that I went to and learned from," said Prime Practice principal Dr Phillip Palmer. "They are truly international leaders in the world of practice management and I highly recommend their talk to anyone able to attend!"