Exocad has launched DentalCAD 2.3 Matera with many new and optimised features, including the availability of the new Smile Creator add-on module. With this new release, the company introduces next-generation aesthetic planning for users of its leading dental CAD software, offering real in-CAD smile design. Smile Creator enables easy-to-use, time-saving and predictable virtual planning of highly aesthetic restorations by combining patient photos, outlines and 3D data. Simple 2D tools can be used to edit tooth shapes, while the 3D result is visualised in real time from different angles. The advantage is clear: highly predictable aesthetic and functional results.
"Smile Creator enables users to plan and realistically visualise the final result even before they start treatment," said Tillmann Steinbrecher, CEO of exocad. "This product sets the new benchmark for future communication between dental technicians, dentists and patients - particularly when it comes to designing aesthetic anterior restorations.
"Even before starting treatment, patients can get a sure-shot impression of their new smile. Thanks to our innovative 2D/3D technology, the prosthetic feasibility can be assessed reliably as early as during the aesthetic planning phase. This means that any adaptations desired by the patient can be implemented easily and quickly."
Smile Creator is fully integrated into the DentalCAD software platform. "Users benefit from the intuitive operating concept of our tried-and-tested open exocad software platform, offering high performance and results they can fully rely on," added Maik Gerth, CTO of exocad. Smile Creator is now available as an add-on module for DentalCAD 2.3 Matera or as a stand-alone version.
Further highlights of the new Matera release include:
- FullDenture Module now supports different types of production processes, including two-step milling, printed denture bases and monolithic printed dentures (e.g. for try-ins);
- New exoprint tool for a seamless workflow with 3D printers. Designs and associated information can be passed directly from DentalCAD to 3D printing software, using an open XML-based interface;
- Implant libraries are now delivered separately from the software which greatly reduces the download package size. End users with a valid upgrade contract can download up-to-date implant libraries via https://exocad.com/integration/dentalcad-library-integration;
- Improved digital pen support (including dynamic pressure) based on Windows Ink. Dedicated presets are available for a variety of WACOM devices;
- Optimised support for 3D face scans, including 3D face modelling;
- Increased flexibility: scene files can now be freely transferred between most OEM versions of exocad (including Amann Girrbach, Zfx, Schütz Dental, Vatech, etc);
- Smarter implant libraries with more predefined design parameters and optimal integration with exoplan; and
- DentalCAD 2.3 Matera contains the "Immediate Load" feature as BETA which allows importing of implant planning data from exoplan e.g. to design a crown prior to implant placement.
The new DentalCAD 2.3 Matera software version is available immediately worldwide and can be accessed by all users with an upgrade contract.
exocad names its releases after European Capitals of Culture and the new DentalCAD 2.3 Matera release is named after Matera, the 2019 European Capital of Culture, also known as The City of Caves, located in Southern Italy's Basilicata region.