Back for its eighth biennial instalment, the International Dental Exhibition and Meeting (IDEM) Singapore 2014 is a "must-attend" for dental practitioners and professionals in the Asia-Pacific looking for the latest cutting edge technology and innovations in dental solutions and services. IDEM Singapore runs from April 4-6, 2014 with a pre-congress day on April 3 at the newly renovated SUNTEC Convention and Exhibition Centre, Singapore.
The conference theme, Dentistry - The Future Is Now focuses on the future of dentistry, addressing the different challenges in the various fields of dentistry.
The conference programme includes Clinical, Scientific, Technological and Practice Management streams with talks presented by leading experts and world renowned speakers. As well as the main scientific programmes, there will also be several new streams so that IDEM Singapore will offer programmes for the entire dental team. These new streams include:
- The Dental Hygienist and Therapist Forum (see Auxiliary for more information);
- The New Dentist Forum (for final year dental students and young dentists within their first few years of embarking on their careers - see over for more information); and
- Dental Technician Forum (see eLABORATE for more info).
16,000m2 exhibition over 2 levels 450 exhibitors from 36 countries on show
IDEM Singapore 2014's dental exhibition has now grown to occupy two floors of the exhibition centre, a 30% increase from two years prior to now occupy a total of 16,000 square metres.
The exhibition will feature a total of twelve national pavilions with returning groups from Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Korea, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom and United States; and two new pavilions from China and Japan. Close to 450 leading companies from over 36 countries in dentistry will be showcasing the latest innovations in clinical dentistry, dental technology and patient care across every segment of the dental market, covering restorative and preventive treatments, surgical procedures and equipment, orthodontics, endodontics, periodontics and laboratory tools.
Attendance expected to exceed 8,000
IDEM Singapore 2014 is also on track to break its previous attendance record with over 8,000 attendees expected, a rise of more than 10%, clear evidence of the importance of this rapidly growing industry in the region.
Over 30 hours of CPD on offer
IDEM Singapore 2014 will continue to offer dentists and dental professionals Continuing Professional Development points, while helping practitioners to broaden their knowledge. Dentists can look forward to acquiring over 30 CPD points by attending the conferences and workshops at the event. Fifteen experts from France, Thailand, Taiwan, South Korea, UK and the US will present the latest treatments, procedures and trends in various dental fields. Some of the stellar line-up of speakers include:
- Gordon J. Christensen, Founder and Director of Practical Clinical Courses (PCC) and Chief Executive Officer of Clinicians Report Foundation (CR)(Prosthodontics);
- Ken Hargreaves, Professor and Chair of Endodontics, Professor of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Texas Health Science Center (Endodontics);
- Ray Williams, Professor of Dental Medicine and Dean of the Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine (Periodontology);
- John O Burgess, Professor, Asst. Dean of Clinical Research, University of Alabama at Birmingham (Restorative Dentistry; Vital Pulp Therapy); and
- Derrick Setchell, Hon. Professor of UCL and Hon. Consultant, Eastman Dental Hospital (Prosthodontics)