3Shape has unveiled its new TRIOS Color digital impression solution that provides dentists with a tool for accurate 3D capture and realistic visualization of the complete oral environment.
3Shape's new RealColor Technology in the TRIOS Color digital impression-taking solution facilitates the creation of scan images in the appearance of real teeth and gingiva (Figure 1). The natural looking colours make it easy for clinicians to distinguish between the different types of restorative materials (metals, enamel, composite, etc); recognize bleeding areas; see colour transitions on teeth; and easily identify margin lines with enhanced detail. In combination with 3Shape's established Ultrafast Optical Sectioning Technology, TRIOS Color represents a high performance colour scanning solution that is fast, accurate and easy to use.
New TRIOS Pod for PCs
3Shape's new TRIOS Pod is a new configuration alternative to the TRIOS cart, enabling scanning with the TRIOS handheld scanner and software using selected laptop PC's. The solution offers a high degree of mobility and flexibility for clinicians working in multiple locations or for clinics with limited space.
With the addition of TRIOS Color and the TRIOS Pod configuration option, Australian and New Zealand agent for 3Shape, Dental Axess, can now offer 4 different solutions for dental practices:
- TRIOS Color Cart;
- TRIOS Standard Cart;
- TRIOS Color Pod; and
- TRIOS Standard Pod.
In addition, further developments to 3Shape's TRIOS solution for 2013 include:
- 40% faster impression capture: The TRIOS Ultrafast Optical Sectioning software has been optimized for even faster impression capture;
- New tip with anti-mist heater: Automatically ensures an optimal temperature for crystal clear scanning;
- Add a pre-preparation scan: Users create and attach a pre-preparation scan that laboratories can use as guidance for designing restorations that resemble the patient's original teeth;
- Post and core restorations: TRIOS is optimized for Post and Core scanning in which high accuracy and reliable depth capture are especially critical; and
- TRIOS for Orthodontics: Capture full arches and the occlusal situation as input for digital study models, treatment planning and appliance design. TRIOS for Orthodontics includes 3Shape Ortho Analyzer software allowing clinics to perform treatment simulations, virtual setups and analyses on the scanned model.